2018 Fully-Funded PhD Scholarships at The University College Dublin, Ireland.
Application Deadline: 22th January, 2018.
The University College Dublin is delighted to announce its fully funded PhD Scholarships to two lucky candidates in Technology Evolution in Regional Economies (ERC – TechEvo) at the Spatial Dynamics Lab in Ireland.
Course Level: Ph.D. Program
Eligible Nationalities: UK/EU and International students.
- Applications are invited from enthusiastic and talented candidates with a research Master’s degree in the fields or related disciplines. Applicants are required to have:
- Prior knowledge of and interest in theories of innovation and technological change.
- A strong background in quantitative methodologies and analysis techniques.
- Experience with spatial (econometric) analysis methods and expertise in the analysis of large-scale socio-economic and/or micro-level datasets are considered an asset.
- Programming skills (R, Java, Python, etc.) and previous training in statistical (SPSS, STATA, SAS), spatial (GIS), and Social Network Analysis (UCI, Pajek, Gephi) software environments are desired, but not essential.
- Excellent scientific writing and planning skills.
- Good communication skills and an excellent command of spoken and written English are essential.
To apply, forward a detailed CV, your university transcripts (BA, MSc, etc.), the names of two references, your master thesis and/or any publications you have authored (a URL or a PDF) along with a letter outlining your motivation for applying for one of these positions (max. 2 pages, single-spaced), to Dr. Kogler at dieter.kogler-at-ucd.ie.
Please e-mail your application by 22 January 2018 at the very latest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the end of January 2018; anticipated start date is May or September, 2018.