How to Find Your Lost Android Device With Google’s Find My App
Are you Worried about misplacing your Android device or having it stolen? Ease your fears by setting up a tracking system before your worst case scenario occurs. It is best for your Android device to be connected to a Wi-Fi signal,GPS or mobile networks to pinpoint a fairly accurate location. You must also have a Google account for all of the tracking services available, both in-built or downloaded.
Android devices now come with Find My Device in-built which automatically track your android device location. If your device goes missing, you can hop on a laptop or another android device and find its last known location.
How to enable Find My Device on your phone
In recent Android devices, there is a shortcut to the Find My Device service which is located conveniently in your Settings app, but you might still need to download a fresh Find My Device from the Google Play Store to get it set up. This locating service has essentially combined with Google to make finding your phone easier. There are things that needs to be activated.
1) Launch “Settings.”
2) Select “Security & lock screen.”
3) Select “Device administrators.”
4) Select “Find My Device” to make a checkmark appear in the checkbox.
5) Select the “back button” on the top left corner of your screen.
6) Select the “back button” again on the top left corner to return to the main Settings menu.
7) Select “Location” in the main Settings menu.
8) Select the switch beside Location at the top of the screen so that it turns on.
9) Select “Mode.”
10) Select “High accuracy” to make the circle fill in.
11) Select the “back button” on the top left corner.
12) Select “Google Location History.”
13) Select the switch beneath “Location History” to turn it on.
14) Select the switch beside your device to turn it on.
How to locate your Android Device with Google find my Device app
If you happen to lose your android device, you can locate its location by logging into your Google account from any computer or even from another android device.
Here are the steps to do that:
1) Launch a web browser from a android device, tablet, or computer.
2) Navigate or scroll to the link android.com/find.
3) If needed, enter your email address and password just as though you were checking your email. A 2-step verification will be need to be completed if you activated it on your google account.
After the activation of Find My Device, there are three options to select from:
1) Choose to “play a sound” so that it makes noise (even if the device is on silent). This feature is helpful if the map indicates that the device is within earshot and can simply not be seen.
2)”secure your device” so that the finder will not be able to access your home screen. This feature is most helpful if your phone was not previously secured with a passcode or a fingerprint sensor.
3) You can “erase” your phone. This optin is best if you know for certain that you are not likely to retrieve your phone.
If you try to locate your device with Find My Device and it doesn’t seem to be working, it is most likely that your phone is not currently connected to Wi-Fi or an available network. In this case, it is important to keep trying. The moment your phone makes that connection, it will appear on the map.Connect with us on Social media