The Nigerian Air Force, Everything you need to know and how to Join the Air Force.
The Nigerian air force is one of the largest forces in Africa and it consists about 10,000 persons. It is the air arm of the Nigerian armed forces. In this article we want to consider the Nigeria air force, everything you need to know and how to join the air force.
Air force bases in Nigeria
- NAF Abuja– FCT
- NAF Kaduna is the Old Kaduna Airport – Kaduna State
- NAF Port Harcourt– Rivers State
- NAF Benin– Edo State
- NAF Maiduguri– Borno State
- NAF Minna(based within Minna Airport) – Niger State
- NAF Makurdi(based within Makurdi Airport) – Benue State
- NAF Kano(based within Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport) – Kano State
- NAF Enugu(based within Akanu Ibiam International Airport) – Enugu State
- NAF Jos–Plateau State
- NAF Ipetu-Ijesha– Osun State
- NAF Shasha – Lagos State
- NAF Kanji – Niger State
- NAF Katsina
- NAF Yola-Adamawa State
- NAF Mando-Kaduna State
- NAF Unguwan Kaduna State
Recruitment for Nigerian Air force
In the Nigerian air force, there are a lot of areas in which you can apply to join. However, we want to look into these different areas, their requirement and how to apply to join.
- The first step is to visits their official website @ www.airforce.mil.ng/page-careers to apply.
- You can only apply once. If caught with multiple application you will automatically be disqualified.
- Ensure that you print out and be handy with the following copy of your document after application:
- Acknowledgment Form
- Local Government Origin/Indigeneship Form
- Attestation Form (this will be signed by Military officer or Local Government Chairman)
- Parental/Guardian Consent Form
Qualification for Application
As an applicant, you must attain some certain qualification before you can apply to join.
- You must be an indigene of Nigeria.
- If you are a man you must not be less than 1.66m in height and if you are a woman nothing less than 1.63 also in height.
- Age needed is between 18 to 22 years of age.
- As an applicant, you must have at least 5 credits which must include Mathematics and English in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB
Tradesmen/Women NAF Recruitment
These are men and women who are skilled workers in the building trades. Examples are the carpenters, masons, plumbers, painters. etc below are what is required of them to apply:
- Age needed for the position of tradesmen or women is between the age of 18 to 25 unless you are applying as assistant chaplain/assistance imam or drivers then 18 to 28 age of years is considered.
- You must have at least 2 passes with a credit in English in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB and at least a lower credit in ND/NCE or any relevant trade certificates from any approved government institutions/organizations
- If you are applying for the position of a driver then you need to have your trade test certificate ready and a minimum of 2 passes with a credit in English.
- If you are applying as one of the sportsmen/women, you must present evidence of professional experience which includes certificates and medals
Important Things to Note
- From 9 March 2019 – 23 March 2019 is when the zonal recruitment exercise will take place.
- Please note that all online registration is free and all other recruitment processes. No payment is required.
- The Attestation Form must come with a passport photograph and photocopy of the signees drivers license or international passport. The signer needs to authenticate the passport photograph of the applicant behind
- For more information, you should see the instruction page on their official website. Alternatively, you can call these support lines from 09:30 am to 05: 30 pm, Monday to Friday: 09064432351, 08043440802 and 09055840142 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Endeavor to contact the support line if you have any challenges, it is open from Monday – Friday between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM.
RELATED ARTICLES TO READ