Top list of major ranks in the Nigerian Air Force and how to apply for them
The Nigeria military is made up of 3 major arms just like any other countries in the world. We have:
- the Nigerian Army (NA)
- The Nigerian Air Force (NAF)
- The Nigerian Navy (NN).
However, in this article, we want to discuss on the top list of major ranks in the Nigeria air force and how to apply for them.
We want to consider both commissioned and the non-commissioned officers of the Nigerian Air Force.
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF).
The Nigerian military armed force that operates in the air is simply referred to as the Nigerian air force (NAF). It is considered as one of the largest force in Africa. It consists of ten thousand personnel and aircraft which includes Chinese Chengdu F-7s, military transport aircraft, armed helicopters, and Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets.
On April 18, 1964, is when the Nigerian Air Force was officially established following the passage of the Air Force Act 1964 which stated that:
“The Nigerian Air Force shall be charged with the defense of the Federal Republic by air, and to give effect thereto, the personnel shall be trained in such duties as in the air as well as on the ground” by the National Assembly.
The incumbent Chief of the Air Staff is Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar. The headquarters is situated in Abuja. Its motto is willing…Able…Ready.
Nigerian Air Force Ranks Structure.
The ranking order of the Nigeria Air-Force is like that of the British Royal Air Force rank which a lot of people are already aware of these.
Nigerian AirForce Ranks for Officers.
The commissioned officers in the Nigerian air force has eleven ranking structure. Let us consider it in ascending order of Seniority.
- Pilot Officer.
- Flying Officer.
- Flight Lieutenant.
- Squadron Leader.
- Wing Commander.
- Group Captain.
- Air Commodore.
- Air Vice-Marshal.
- Air Marshal.
- Air Chief Marshal.
- Marshal of the Nigerian Air Force.
- Nigerian Air Force Ranks for Airman & Woman.
The non-commissioned officers of the Nigerian air force have eight ranking structure, let us still consider it in Ascending order of Seniority.
- Lance Corporal.
- Flight Sergeant.
- Warrant Officer.
- Master Warrant Officer.
- Air Warrant Officer.
In the Nigerian air force, the marshal is the second highest in command and also responsible for everything going on in the force be it right or wrong.
The Wing Commander is in charge of the group of jets while Squadron leader commands smaller groups of aircraft. Officers rank from Vice-Marshal and above get enduring full-salary pensions.
The salary structure of NAF started from N10,237 for the trainee to N1,724,283 for Air Chief Marshal. That’s all on ranks in the NAF, Nigerian AirForce Ranks.
How to Apply and join the Nigerian air force
Below are the major step needed to apply and join the Nigeria air force:
- visits their official website at www.airforce.mil.ng/page-careers to apply.
- You can only apply once. If caught with multiple application you will automatically be disqualified.
- Ensure that you print out and be handy with the following copy of your document after application:
- Acknowledgment Form
- Local Government Origin/Indigeneship Form
- Attestation Form (this will be signed by Military officer or Local Government Chairman)
- Parental/Guardian Consent Form
As an applicant, you must attain some certain qualification before you can apply to join.
- You must be an indigene of Nigeria.
- If you are a man you must not be less than 1.66m in height and if you are a woman nothing less than 1.63 also in height.
- Age needed is between 18 to 22 years of age.
- As an applicant, you must have at least 5 credits which must include Mathematics and English in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB
Tradesmen/Women NAF Recruitment
These are men and women who are skilled workers in the building trades. Examples are the carpenters, masons, plumbers, painters. etc below are what is required of them to apply:
- Age needed for the position of tradesmen or women is between the age of 18 to 25 unless you are applying as assistant chaplain/assistance imam or drivers then 18 to 28 age of years is considered.
- You must have at least 2 passes with a credit in English in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB and at least a lower credit in ND/NCE or any relevant trade certificates from any approved government institutions/organizations
- If you are applying for the position of a driver then you need to have your trade test certificate ready and a minimum of 2 passes with a credit in English.
- If you are applying as one of the sportsmen/women, you must present evidence of professional experience which includes certificates and medals
Note the following:
- From 9 March 2019 – 23 March 2019 is when the zonal recruitment exercise will take place.
- Please note that all online registration is free and all other recruitment processes. No payment is required.
- The Attestation Form must come with a passport photograph and photocopy of the signees drivers license or international passport. The signer needs to authenticate the passport photograph of the applicant behind
- For more information, you should see the instruction page on their official website. Alternatively, you can call these support lines from 09:30 am to 05: 30 pm, Monday to Friday: 09064432351, 08043440802 and 09055840142 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Endeavor to contact the support line if you have any challenges, it is open from Monday – Friday between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM.